Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stash Report 4/3/2011

Quiet week here but I did get some sewing done.  A quilting friend gave me a small kit.  I put it together as something simple and mindless to get back into sewing.  It was almost too mindless as I did not turn the blocks correctly and wound up with some colors not evenly distributed.  Sigh.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll fix it any maybe I won't.  This little piece is nice a bright but so far it has no home.



I am not counting this fabric in my stash.

I have some Moda Rites of Spring fabric that I purchased in Panguitch Utah at the Scrappy Appleyard Quilt Shop many years ago.  It was to make a lap quilt for our RV.  The colors were perfect but I never got around to it.  Now we have a newly painted master bedroom and remodeled bath.  The bathroom is black, white and grey.  I bought some chili colored towels-actually more a brick color.  The red in the Rites of Spring line matches the towels perfectly and I want to use that fabric now to make a quilt for our bed.  Its the fabric in the lower left corner.  Unfortunately I only have a FQ.

These are the pieces I had.  I found a charm pack on the internet and I bought this yardage at my LQS yesterday.




The solids that I found are a pretty good match.

I would really like to have the other reds from the original fabric line but haven't found any on the internet.  If any of you have some of this fabric that you would be interested in selling please let me know.

I haven't picked a pattern yet for the new quilt but I know it will be scrappy in appearance.

Used this week...0
Used year to date...6 3/4 yards
added this week...2 yards
added this year   13 yards

Net gained...6 3/4 yards

1 comment:

  1. Those reds look great with the rites of spring line, Nice going. Really like the ladybug parade quilt you are doing for that great niece too. Cute!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete