Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday, February 20, 2012

I have not done much sewing the past few weeks so there is nothing on my design wall.  I did however, get some photos of a quilt I made (put together) in 2000.

My first quilt group experience was a little neighborhood group of 8 women.  We pretty much followed the lead on one woman;  sometimes that was a good thing and unfortunately when it was not a good thing, it was a very bad thing.  Oh well, human nature and all that.  The group did get me much more interested in quilting and for that I am thankful.

Once a quater, we did a fabric challenge block.  Luckily several of us made 2 blocks so there were almost always 12 blocks made.  Each time a different person "won" the quilt.  Here is mine.  There were so many unique blocks.  Two used doilies, one used hand dyed fabric, one was hand pieced and one was a color wash and appliquéd block.  My photos don't do it justice.


I put the blocks together with a lattice sashing that I found in a Judy Martin book.

I don't see these woman any more and I cherish this quilt for each of them-even the bossy one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a lot of groups that do block exchanges and various other challenges and I really love it! Keeps me trying new things so I grow as a quilter. In fact, I lecture to guilds on the subject of group quilts, I love the experience so much. Nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete