Monday, November 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I have been rummaging around in my UFO box for 2 projects to take to Quilt Retreat this coming weekend.  My group is headed out on Thursday for another great weekend!  We are lucky to have a wonderful place to go, Tonto Rim View Lodge.  Ron and Maggie treat us so well and make us feel very comfortable.  We were there last March and we were snowed in for a while-coming from Phoenix, we all enjoyed the change.  

I found this UFO that I had completely forgotten about it.  It was a block of the month from our locally owned Craftmart (like a Ben Franklin).  Unfortunately, they went out of business about 10 years ago.  So, I guess this UFO has aged enough.  There were 6 different blocks and each block had 2 choices, an easy block and a more challenging block.  My friend and I were going to do this together.  She lost interest early on and gave me her blocks.  Actually I think she gave me her kits and I made all the blocks myself.  Since there were variations for each block, I made each variation so it looks like 12 different blocks.  




They are already put together in a staggered arrangement that I copied from a tile floor layout.  Even with the additional plain blocks, the quilt is small.  I have lots of fabric left over so this weekend, I will be adding multiple borders.  I have Judy L's border book all packed and ready to help me complete this quilt top.


Check out the other design walls at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment