Friday, November 22, 2013

Needle Friday 11/22/2013

I'm trying to catch up with my posts.  We returned last night from Florida where we were visiting my brother and his wife.




I crocheted these two spool doilies while I was visiting.  The purple one was for my SIL and the orange one for our friend, Donna.  The pattern is Shelvy's Spool Pin Doily from Bonnie Hunter's website.
I used these bonbons from Lion Brand.  I also got the variegated yarn to try too.  I purchased it all in Florida at Joann's



Here is my finished Coco's Pearls cowl/scarf (free pattern on Ravelry) that I made for my niece.  I used City Tweed yarn from KnitPicks which is a lovely soft yarn.  The photo does not do the yarn or the pattern justice.


I am also working to finish this pair of socks.  This is a Lion Brand Yarn-Sock Ease and so far I am not real pleased with it.  The yarn splits and seems on the thin side.  I was making them for a gift but I will keep them and see how they hold up after a few wearings and washings.  


Check out the other needlers on Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty scarf! I'd never heard of spool crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your crocheted doilies. I need to make me a purple one for my featherweights. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete