Friday, January 10, 2014

On the Needles 2014

I have not been doing much knitting lately but I have some photos of work I did since the last post.

I am making a hat, cowl and fingerless gloves for my niece.  I used free patterns from Ravelry after seeing these patterns knit up on other quilter/knitter's blogs.

The hat is a basic stocking cap but baggier-  Sockhead Hat.  The cowl pattern I used the Irish Mesh Cowl and the fingerless gloves uses the Susie Roger' Reading Mitts pattern.





The cowl did not come out as wide or as long as I would have liked.  I can't decide whether start all over or maybe just add another repeat to make it wider???  The hat was quick and easy.  My Niece can roll up the ribbed part or wear it the way I am modeling it.  I sure wish I had finished and sent it to her in time for this past weeks poor weather on the East coast.

I am having problems knitting the gloves.  I make lots of socks so I am familiar with the technique.  However, using larger (fatter) needles has proved awkward-practice will solve that problem.

I have knitted sweaters with 2 different strands of yarn but with both strands being knitted from the right hand.  I am eager to try the Continental Method with a strand in each hand.  A few weeks ago I saw a sock pattern on Ravelry and I just knew I had to make it.



Aren't these fantastic.  I ordered the kit and pattern from ETSY.  You can get the pattern from Ravelry too. It is Starry Starry Night Socks by Suzanne Bryan.  The yarn is awesome and my photos don't show the true colors in the blue yarn.



Enjoy the other posts at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. I would add another repeat on the cowl since I like to pull cowls up over my head like a hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of your yarn for the hat, cowel and mittens. Boy, those are sure snazzy socks. They look too complicated for this beginner. Should be fun though for you.

    ReplyDelete