Monday, February 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday February 24, 2014


This is going to be a mug rug for a swap with Quilting Gallery and Mishka's Playground.   The theme was celebrating the Winter Olympics.  This little cutie is supposed to look like one of those Russian Nesting dolls.  She still needs a heart (in her tummy) and she needs to be fastened down and quilted as well.

The second swap mug rug is a winter peace dove.


This needs to be fused in place and a stem embroidered between the beak and the leaves.

The deadline for mailing is March 3rd so even though I feel behind, I know I will easily finish by that date.  However, my swap partner lives in Washington and she is ready to swap-so there is a little pressure!

I hope you have all checked out the Traveling Stash Box which I mentioned in this blog yesterday.  Get your name on the list and you could be the next lucky winner.

Take some time to review the other design walls at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Your Russian doll is beautiful. She looks just like a nesting doll. Perfect!
    I love the purple too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mug rugs just need their labels filled out and put into the mail-should have gone today but my pigma ink pen was dry and had to find new. So, tomorrow they go to United Arab Emeris! My first swap in a group and loved it. (made an extra nesting doll because I have 4 kids from Russia and figured one of the girls might want one!)

    ReplyDelete