Friday, November 16, 2012

On the Needles November 16, 2012

I finished these socks last night while I was enjoying our first evening all month without company-sigh!  I love my brother and his wife BUT company for 2 weeks can be a trial.  We had lots of fun, great meals and more fun but I'm glad to have our lives back to "normal."

These are for my quilting friend Katrina-a late birthday gift.  This is KnitPicks Stroll tonal yarn in Wine Tasting.  Katrina had asked for red and purple socks and she enjoys a glass of wine.  I think these hit the mark!  The colors are more muted and wine-like then the photo shows.  I tried to photograph them on different backgrounds with little change in the results.




Then I went back to the green socks I had been knitting at the beginning of October.  I put them aside to take up the Socktober Challenge when the Opal yarns arrived.  I have barely started the second sock.  This is malabrigo yarn but I have misplaced the tag and cannot tell you the color name.  This photo is a fairly good representation of the color.  These socks are for my friend Dianne, a lover of green.   It is the first time I used this kind of yarn and it feels great!


I am still behind 2 pair of birthday socks for this year.  The yarn is selected and I think it is about time to try a new pattern.  The last 2 pair I have knitted or am knitting are from the SKYP sock pattern from Ravelry.  I did not join the 12 in 2012 sock challenge but looking back at this years posts I have made at least 12 pair!  I have given about half that away.  I have been looking at my over flowing sock drawer and it needs to be straightened and organized.  I'll save that for another post.

Check the other needle posts at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful socks! I love the Stroll yarn - gotta go check it out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete