Monday, December 24, 2012

Design Wall Christmas Eve



I haven't had many posts lately.  I have one quilt completed and given away as an 80th birthday present a few weeks ago.   This is a double Irish Chain made out of my blue "scraps" and stash.  It is quilted with a Celtic Knot in the open spaces by my friend, Beth.  The back has lighthouses on it-which my Irish friend Mary collects.

She was so thrilled.  She told me she would cherish it the rest of her life-that's the nicest comment I have received when I have given a quilt away.

My actual design wall contains an almost finished mystery quilt from the MysteryQuilts4Military yahoo group.  This is the third mystery I have made with this group.  This on is called Glint.  It is the most complex one I have made with them so far.  I will be working on the pieced border later today and hope to finish the top.

The red is a constant and a new fabric that I acquired for backing.  It is 108" wide and I had a 40% off coupon and it was an additional 20% off because it was the end of a bolt.  It was a great buy.  All the background and blue fabrics are from my stash/scraps.  Some of the blue squares I used for the HST's were 3" millennium swap squares that I purchased earlier this year on Quilters Flea Market.

Check out the other design walls At Patchwork Times.

Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment