Friday, December 28, 2012

On the Needles-Last of 2012

Yikes, size 10 needles are so FAT!  Knitting feels so awkward and strange after using size 2 needles for so long.  I am making this frilly knit scarf for a friend, for her birthday on the 31st.  Luckily it is going quickly if clumsily.  This is Red Heart Boutique Sashay which I purchased at Joann's with a 50% off coupon-a great buy.

I am on my second sock using the Ravelry Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder.  It is the first time I have used this pattern and I really like the texture.  This yarn is called peacock and is more a teal color and it has little silver threads.  It is working up so well.

Happy New Year everyone.  Enjoy the other reports at Patchwork Times.


1 comment:

  1. Love the socks -- great color and pattern. I know what you mean about using the larger needles for the scarf. I did one of these a week ago and I am so use to little needles it felt like I was knitting with broom sticks- LOL!

    ReplyDelete