Friday, March 15, 2013

On the needles

It has been a while since I last posted, but I have been busy sewing and knitting.

I finished these faux cable socks.  The cables were worked with knit 2 together and yarn over stitches-no cable hook at all.  They were super simple.

This is Pagewood Farms hand dyed sock yarn in Fabulous Fall.  The pattern is Faux Cable Rib Socks by Jen Hansen and the pattern is available free on Ravelry.


I have started a new pair of socks using Tofutsies yarn.  This is a combination of Superwash wool, Soysilk fibers, cotton and Chitin.  You may not want to know what Chitin is but it involves glucose and  shell fish.  The yarn is a strand of white and a strand of blue lightly twisted together.  I am having some problems with splitting but so far not enough to discourage me.  I am using my go to pattern Simple Skyp.

Check out the other needles at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Love those Faux cable socks! Isn't that Pagewood yarn yummy? I knit a shawl with a skein and it turned out so soft. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete