Monday, April 1, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I can't show my design wall today since it is a secret.  So, I am going to share what my quilt group calls the Dudes Quilt.  I made one a while back and 2 of my quilt friends recently worked on theirs while we were on a retreat.

This one is mine.  I made it using fat quarters so the size of my blocks were limited.


These are my Mother/Daughter quilting
friends.  Mom took a structured lay out approach and after she had about half the blocks done, started laying them out and manipulating the fabric for the rest of the blocks before sewing them together so she got the results she wanted.



Here is the Daughter's quilt-partially random and partially planned but all after the blocks were made.

Check out how these easy blocks are made.  The first source is a PDF pattern from the 3 Dudes Quilt Shop and the second source is a video made by the Missouri Star Quilt Shop using the Dudes method.


http://www.3dudesquilting.com/documents/LetsStripItMajesticMountainQuiltPDF.pdf

http://www.3dudesquilting.com/documents/LetsStripItMajesticMountainQuiltPDF.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Did you make them with coordinated FQ's or just some you had on hand? I like the contrast with colors--but they seem to fit together too

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I saw this you tube, and that's what pushed me into making my string blocks. But I haven't cut them up in the Dude's manner. Next quilt, I'll do that.

    ReplyDelete