Friday, July 13, 2012

On the Needles- July 13th

I wanted to show you the socks that started me knitting socks. Several years ago,  I was visiting NYC with a friends and we visited the Folk Art Museum.  I was already collecting socks and couldn't resist buying these.  Some lucky person has a pair just like them.

So after getting hooked on Judy L's site and seeing her socks I was ready.  I emailed Judy and she offered some advice and told me about her favorite pattern.  I bought some yarn and the rest is history!

This yarn arrived yesterday from Grant Creek Yarn-I love it!



My Simple Skyp socks are almost complete.  I will temporarily give them as a birthday gift tonight.  When I see how they fit, I will finish them and bestow them on the new owner permanently!  Then on to other things.

I have been looking a shawl patterns.  I don't need one here in Arizona but I'm ready to make some-I'm in love with the look of lace and I think a shawl would be more time consuming then socks.  A good indoor air conditioning project.

Visit Patchwork Times and look at all the great knitting projects.

3 comments:

  1. Love those bright, fun socks! But I don't think I will ever be able to make them. Yip, Judy L got me started too. I learned to knit so I could make socks. :)
    Your new yarn is yummy, yummy! I can't wait to see it knit into something. What a caring friend you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, thanks for stopping by my blog! I have prowled around yours and especially love the denim blue socks and think I must buy some of that yarn, too! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy I would have bought those socks too! Just my colors. That new skein of yarn is yummy. And your Skype socks look great! Socks and shawls are my favorite things to knit - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete