Friday, October 12, 2012

On the Needles October 12, 2012

Last night I finished my first Opal sock.  It is sock sport yarn so it is a little heavier then I am used to using and a little coarser too.  It is a lovely blend of purples, light blues and off white.  I think it is called Color Party.  The label says Farbe Partie.


I have barely started the second sock.  I bought 4 different skeins of Opal Yarn for the Socktober Fest but I'm not sure I can get 4 pair done since I'm almost a week behind already.  I do have some long car rides at the end of the month so hopefully I will catch up then.

We are suddenly having fall like weather here in Phoenix.  It is 11 am and still only 69 degrees so we are enjoying it and I am looking forward to all my new socks to wear.

Check out the other needlers at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! My Opal sock yarn is also "farbe partie" but is more cream and pastel stripes. I wish I had bought more. It has been fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this sock. Very pretty. I should get busy and learn to knit socks. My mother's name was Opal and she would smile if she knew I was knitting with a yarn named for her! lol

    ReplyDelete