Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quiltathon and Socktoberfest

I have not posted on much other than knitting socks lately.  We had been in the RV for a few months and not much sewing was getting done.

Yesterday I finished putting the borders on this mystery quilt that is a QOV.  I thought I had enough BIG pieces of fabric to make the backing but no such luck-darn a trip to the LQS is necessary.  This is the latest mystery-Star Path from Mystery 4 Military Yahoo group.  This is the second mystery I have done with them and really enjoy the process.


Today I am back to working on my blue Irish chain.  I started it several months ago as an 80th birthday present for our friend Bill.  I did not get it done and he got another gift.  Now his wife is having her 80th and I know she really, really wants a quilt.  I am making the quilt larger by adding partial blocks around the edges.  So far so good-


 Earlier today I also spent an hour knitting socks.  This is the first time I have used malabrigo sock yarn.  I feels so nice and it is a great mix of blues and greens.  It is a gift for a friend who loves all things green.  I am in a hurry to finish this one sock up so I can get started on Socktober Fest.  Two different balls of Opal yarn arrived yesterday and there are 2 more out there somewhere hopefully to arrive in my mailbox today or tomorrow.



Check out the other Quiltathon participants on Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment