Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall Monday

BRRRRRRRRR!  When I got up this morning at 6:30am, it was 24 degrees!!!  Hey, this is sunny Arizona; what in the world is going on?  A few days ago, we had record cold temperatures, the lowest in over 30 years.

I covered some of my plants, like my gardenia but the trees are too large to protect.  I know the trees will recover but the oranges and grapefruit?????  Hopefully the ones on the inner parts of the trees will be fine or at least good enough for juice.  Luckily, yesterday we picked 6 large boxes to donate and they are under the carport so they should be fine.

Yesterday, I cut out the fabric for the mystery quilt my group is working on and I sewed the first clues.  Fast and easy little 3 1/2" nine patches.

I am also going to work on a UFO from about 6 years ago.  We started to do this in our group but somehow mine got put aside for newer more interesting projects-or at least that is what I tell myself.

I need about 30 more units to begin block construction.  I think I already have all the pieces I need to get this top finished quickly.  It is strictly from my scraps.  I am making this for my SIL, the new quilter.  She still wants to have one of mine.  She was mainly doing crocheted afghans before the quilt bug got her so I never made her a quilt.  

Check out the other design wall posts at Patchwork Times

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the very cold weather. It's 30 degrees here in central Texas. Your projects are very organized...good for you.
    Take care and keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete