Friday, January 18, 2013

On the Needles January 18, 2013

Denise at Just Quiltin' has started a knitting UFO encouragement program.  I was thinking I had no actual knitting UFO's when I remember the Christmas sock from 5 or 6 years ago.  I finally found it in a bag hanging on the closet door knob-and now I know where my missing size 9 needles are too.

This was a kit I purchased with 2 choices for the stocking design.  This is straight knit-before I learned to use double pointed needles.  The picture on the stockings are to be done using duplicate stitch-which I haven't done before.  I decided to just knit the picture in as I went along.  I think I remember doing about 1/2 Santa's face but I must have pulled that part out.  Here is photo of the finished stockings from the pattern and my meager attempt.  I think I will pull it all out and start again maybe with another pattern.




I have finished the pair of socks I was working on and started another pair.




Check out the other needles at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. oooh the pastel socks are so yummy what is the stitch pattern?
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the stitch pattern on the socks too! Good luck with your stocking - it always helps to be in a UFO group to encourage you to finish! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the stitch pattern too. Your socks look great. Good luck on your stockings.

    ReplyDelete